Happy Monday Everyone!
Wow! Poetry in the Park was so much fun! Our class did an excellent job, and I am very proud of them.
This week will be packed with lots of learning! We are focused on poetry in our reading and writing workshops. The children learned Haiku poetry, will write an "I Used To" poem, and also a free verse poem. We will have our regular spelling test as well as vocabulary test this Friday.
Tomorrow we will have a math test over our unit on measurement. A practice test went home with your child today. We went over all the answers in class. Our next unit will involve multiplication and division. It will be very helpful for your child to have the facts memorized into the 12's. Good old fashioned flash cards really do help! Of course, we will also learn about the first Thanksgiving as well as continue our unit on Florida native tribes.
This Friday the students will have pie after lunch as part of our Thanksgiving treat. Thank you to the parents who have agreed to assist with this.
Soon it will be our gift drive. Our amazing room mom, Amy Held, sent an email to everyone giving more specific details. Thank you, Amy!
I always end my blog with something like..."Wishing you a wonderful week!"
This week I will end it with...
Wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your time off next week with family and friends. And, thank you all for being wonderfully, support parents!
No comments:
Post a Comment