Happy New Year to everyone! Welcome back to school! My family and I had a very nice break, and I hope you did the same. During the break I spent time reflecting on the progress the students have made. I'm so proud of how far they have come. At the same time, I realize how much more they need to learn before the end of the year! We will continue to work hard to prepare them for the years ahead...at the same time have some fun along the way.
A special thank you to everyone for your generosity this holiday season. Our students were able to see the generosity you gave to the families in need. You were also very generous to me. Thank you so much!
Andi Mullins has graciously created a site that you can go to view and order pictures of classroom events. Thank you, Andi!
http://msmitchellsthirdgradeclass.shutterfly.com/
Upcoming Events:
Math Night-January 20th at 7:00
This is a great opportunity to learn more about our mathematics program. If interested, please let the office know. Hope to see you there!
Spirit Day is on Friday, January 28th.
This week in Class:
Writing-We are learning how to write realistic fiction.
Reading-The students will finish The Whipping Boy. We are also continuing stories in our Voices reading series.
Our vocabulary words are listed below, and the quiz will be Friday, January 14th.
Wordly Wise vocabulary- contain, container, digest, finicky, habit, hinge, marsh, marshy, nursery, rely, reliable, spine, thrive
Collection vocabulary- abbreviated, arabbers, bop. cochlea, cosmic, gimmick, hamper, infuriated, irksome, knotted, midst, passionate, prowling, reaped, tightlipped
Mathematics-place value to millions, exploring very large numbers, and a review of multiplication
Science-Motion and Design
Social Studies-We begin a new unit using a book called A History of Us. It is based on learning about the very first Americans.
Wishing you all a wonderful week!
No comments:
Post a Comment