School News:
Ident a Kid is set for Tuesday, January 25 in the Student Center.
Spirit Day is on Friday, January 28.
Grandparent's Day is on Friday, February 4.
Spring Conference Day is on Thursday, February 10th. I will send a sign-up sheet next week.
Science Teach-In will take place on Wednesday, February 16 from 1-2:30.
Oldie Goldie Book Fair will take place on Friday, March 4.
The Third Grade Program is February 25th. Mark your calendars! More information will be sent soon!
Classroom News:
We will have a math test this Thursday. A practice test will be sent home on Wednesday for your child to review.
Our spelling test and vocabulary quizzes will be this Friday.
The children are hard at work writing a realistic fiction narrative story. I am so impressed with how well they are all writing. I shared with them recently that I know their work is far more impressive than the work that I completed as a third grader. Shorecrest has put a strong emphasis on writing as early as possible...and it's showing! I'm proud of them!
We started a new class novel today, Sarah, Plain and Tall. Please ask them periodically how they are enjoying the story.
We are also enjoying learning about early American history as well as learning about matter in science.
Wishing you all a wonderful week.
No comments:
Post a Comment