Hello Everyone!
Last week we added Reader's Workshop in our routine, and I stated that I would give further explanation in the coming weeks. Here's part one...
What is Reader's Workshop?
Reader's Workshop provides students with a supportive environment that involves them in authentic reading experiences that focus on the strengths and needs of each individual student.
Reader's Workshop helps children develop strong reading skills through the use of a mini-lesson, shared reading, read aloud, conferencing, independent reading, paired reading, and literature response.
The basic philosophy behind the Reading Workshop is to allow students to spend an extended amount of time reading authentic texts that interest them on a daily basis and to provide opportunities to talk about literature. The ultimate goal of a Reading Workshop is always to develop life-long passionate readers.
Your children are loving the additional reading time. I am also working to ensure that our Reader's Workshop and Writer's Workshop complement each other.
Other classroom news...
Our first field trip will be Friday, January 20th to the Tampa History Museum. I am in need of a chaperone for the trip. The first person to email me letting me they want to be the chaperone will be selected. Email me at gmitchell@shorecrest.org.
We will have our spelling test as usual this Friday along with the vocabulary quizzes.
School news...
Grandparents Day will take place on Friday, January 27. There will be a noon dismissal on that day.
Wishing you all a fabulous week!
No comments:
Post a Comment