Happy Monday!
This week is a four day week for school due to Conference Day on Thursday. Thank you all for scheduling conferences. I look forward to speaking with you all about the progress your child has made this school year.
Our reading workshop is going along very well! The students are all working in reading partnerships. They have the opportunity each day to read independently and then join their reading partner to discuss the book. When you think about it, we do the same type of reading as adults. I know that I love to discuss books with my friends and share my thoughts and questions. If you do the same, please share that with your child. You might even consider have a reading partnership with your child at home!
We are beginning to publish again in writer's workshop. The children are selecting one piece of realistic fiction to publish. We are continuing to work on measurement in math. This week we will focus on quadrangles, naming polygons, drawing angles, and measuring angles.
Wishing you all a wonderful week! See you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment